- ENDOCRINOLOGY. Dr. Olson evaluates, manages, and provides first and second opinions on all endocrine issues. The main focus is on all thyroid conditions such as Hashimotos thyroiditis, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, calcium and parathyroid issues, thyroid nodules, and thyroid cancer from pre-operative evaluation to postoperative medical and psychological management.
- HORMONE REPLACEMENT. Dr. Olson has unique expertise managing thyroid hormone replacement. She uses standard or combination therapies to treat thyroid hormone deficiencies. She also addresses hormone deficiency replacement for other endocrine issues, menopausal transitions, and optimal aging. Learn more about hormone treatments and whether these might be make sense for you here: Is bio-identical hormone treatment right for you?, Also see her blogs on this topic.
- LIFESTYLE TRANSFORMATION AND COACHING. Dr. Olson believes that we are a product of what we eat, do, and think. Therefore she uses mind-body approaches to effect interest and commitment to personal lifestyle changes with empowering education and coaching. Lifestyle transformation can help you manage your health, and support aging with vibrancy and beauty regardless of what you bring to the equation: heal lack of wellness, and prevent or address diseases present.
- PHONE / FACETIME CONSULTATIONS. In addition to connecting to her established patients, Dr. Olson also provides one-time consultations to individuals seeking more clarity or understanding on complex or confusing issues about endocrine-medical care. Sometimes it is useful to get an additive perspective from a medically trained specialist. This empowers patients to be better informed and work better with their own primary care physicians.
- STRESS MANAGEMENT. Dr. Olson believes that stress, mind-body issues, and past traumatic events affect health and healing, the immune and endocrine systems. She encourages mindfulness-based stress reduction training, and counseling if needed, and will make referrals as needed.