Making an Appointment
For office locations and phone numbers, please visit our Contact Us page. The following is some general information about making appointments with Dr. Olson:
- You may request a 1.5 or 2 hour new patient appointment. The 2 hour appointment is recommended new patients with complex or chronic problem, or if you are travelling from another state to see me for the first time. Half of the fee of that first visit will be requested when you make the appointment, to confirm your commitment to attending the visit.
- Return visits are booked for 1/2 hour to one hour.
- Payment for your care is expected at the time of the visit.
- We accept all major credit cards and Health Savings Account (HSA) payments. We cannot accept personal checks. To protect you, we require verification of your personal identity for all encounters.
- As a service for you, we will submit your bill to your insurance company so that you may get whatever reimbursement you are entitled to, depending on your insurance contract and your deductible.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Please print and complete the forms below:
- A copy of your recent labs, hormone tests, and copies of thyroid, pituitary or adrenal imaging studies, as well as bone mineral density, if available.
- If you have concerned about being hypothyroid please gather and bring old thyroid tests from you primary care doctor or gynecologist.
- If you are coming for a thyroid cancer evaluation or opinion bring a copy of surgery report by the surgeon, pathology findings as reported at the hospital you had your surgery, and of radioactive iodine treatments received at the nuclear medicine division of the hospital, so that the visit is most effective. Also bring your latest TSH and thyroglobulin results.
- A photo of your self from 5 years ago. Please also bring a photo of your family of origin (mother & father).
Please bring all these records along with the two completed forms (above) to your first appointment.
Phone Consultations and Second Opinions
- You may request a one hour phone consultation for my medical opinion on your endocrine health issue. I need your medical records at the time of our consultation to give you my best advice over the phone.
- Since I am not seeing you in person, I cannot prescribe medicines or order tests for you. I can only make recommendations.
- This is solely a confidential conversation between you and me and the encounter is not to be used as medical evidence by any third party.
We look forward to serving you!