Dr. Olson holds current board certification in endocrinology and metabolism for 27 years and has 21-year experience in integrative and holistic medicine. She combines the best of western and complementary medicine to give high quality advice, counseling and care to adult patients with endocrine issues and those that seek guidance to achieve best health and aging. She believes that both the person with the disease and the disease need to be treated jointly. She recognizes that the quality of interaction and advice you receive in your health consultations significantly affect the decisions you make, and the direction and outcome of your health and wellness. Therefore she considers it essential to bring the latest state of the knowledge and art to her medical consultations. This year she is taking on an Age Management Medicine Certification program to learn how to help patients prevent cognitive decline and optimize the quality of their aging.
Dr. Olson has been an educator and lecturer for medical trainees, medical/other health professionals, and lay people for more than 20 years. She has lectured on topics of wellness using integrative medicine, thyroid, thyroid cancer, and endocrine-related topics, and “hormone sense in all life transitions.” Having founded and run an integrative medicine (not for profit educational) professional community for 17 years, she offers expertise and consulting in creating professional integrative medicine communities. She has published her work in peer-reviewed journals and contributed to health textbooks. This year she is proud to have contributed a chapter on the holistic and integrative care of patients undergoing thyroid surgery in the newly 2017 released book ‘The Management of Thyroid Nodules and Differentiated Thyroid Cancer’, edited by Drs. Roman, Sosa, and Solorzano, published by Springer. You may purchase her chapter, 23, from from Springer Publishing company directly. Please know that Dr. Olson has not and does not get any financial benefit or income from this book.
- Undergraduate: Barnard College
- Medical School: Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine: University of Pittsburgh
- Endocrinology and Research fellowship: University of Pittsburgh
- Post-fellowship training: National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
- Clinical Endocrinology private practice: Celebrating 21 years in 2017!
- Associate Clinical Faculty: Yale University School of Medicine
- Integrative Medicine: Founder Lotus, Center for Integrative Healing and Wellness (1997-2014)
- Board Certification: Internal Medicine; Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Married to Dr. Eric Olson, and Mom of Lorén and Lyra
- Artist (Broarts.net) or fb @beatrizrolson, or Integrative Endocrinology with Dr. Beatriz Olson.